miércoles, 30 de junio de 2021

Post 7

Today I'm going to talk about the man who discovered x-rays, Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, born on March 27, 1845-Munich, was a German mechanical engineer and physicist, from the University of Würzburg, and On November 8, 1895,(He died on February 10, 1923) it produced electromagnetic radiation at wavelengths corresponding to currently called X-rays. Also in the following years, Röntgen published studies "on a new type of rays", which were translated into English, French, Italian, and Russian.



Something remarkable about his person is that he refused to register any patents related to his discovery for ethical reasons. He also did not want the rays to be named after him, although in German X-rays are still known as Röntgenstrahlen. I find that quite admirable in a scientist.

A curious fact about his discovery is about his wife, that about six weeks after his discovery, he took a picture (a radiograph) using X-rays of his wife Anna Bertha's hand. When she saw her skeleton she exclaimed "I have seen my death!".



1 comentario:

  1. Hi Felipe, I hope you're well!.
    I find it very admirable that you didn't want to put your name on you discovery. It would be great to discover things like that in this day and age.
    Regards!.

    ResponderEliminar

Final Post

 Well, if I had to pick a topic, I'd say research for pharmaceutical sciences is one of the branches that most hook me together with cel...